Connect + Grow + Go
Jesus commands us to "...go and make disciples..." (Matthew 28:19-20). This is the catalyst for everything we do! Both our vision and mission reflect the Great Commission. At Relevant our goal is to help connect peoples' hearts and lives to Jesus.
To transform generations with the love of Jesus Christ.
Connect + Grow + Go
To connect people to Jesus, to grow as Christ-followers, to go share the gospel.
Our Core Values are foundational principles that we use to minister and hold ourselves accountable. As a church we want to grow in each of these areas.
- Excellence: Bringing God our very best in everything we do. All the time.
- Spiritual Transformation: Experiencing true change by connecting with God and each other.
- Relevant Teaching: Sharing the gospel in a way that relates to everyone.
- Missional Living: Focusing on those locally and aboard, who do not know Jesus.
- Community: Serving and loving each other and our neighbors.
- Creativity: Using our gifts and ideas to create new ways to worship God.
- Fun: Being joyful as we serve and follow Jesus.
We are a Christian church, and as such, we believe the following:
The Bible is the inspired Word of God and reveals what is true for all people, in all ages, at all times. The Bible is our only source of faith and practice. – Psalm 119:151, John 10:35, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
There is one God who created the universe. As Creator, God holds all authority in Heaven and on Earth. – Genesis 1:1, Exodus 3:13-14, 1 Timothy 6:15-16
God eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. – Matthew 28:19, Romans 15:30, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6
Jesus Christ, the unique Son of God, came to Earth as God in the flesh. He died on a cross, was buried, and rose again bodily on the third day. He will come again to bring justice to the world. – Isaiah 53:4-6, Matthew 20:28; 27:46;-51
The Holy Spirit lives within each Christian to enable and empower their transformation into completely committed followers of Christ. – Genesis 1:1-2, Ezekiel 36:24-27, Luke 3:21-22
People have been separated from a vital relationship with God because of sin (rebellion against God). – Genesis 2:17, Romans 2:8; 3:23; 6:23, Ephesians 2:3
Through the death of Jesus Christ, God offers to restore that relationship as a free gift of His grace. We receive God's gift of eternal life through faith in Christ. – Mark 16:16, John 3:16, Acts 16:31
Eternal Life (that is, a relationship with God that doesn't end with death) is a free gift of God's grace and is received through faith in Christ alone. – John 14:2-3, Romans 8:19-21, Revelation 21:4-5; 22:5
This faith involves:
- A heart that believes that Jesus is the Son of God (and openly confesses that belief). – Mark 16:16; Romans 10:9; Hebrews 11:6
- A heart that trusts Jesus enough to follow Him (turning from a self-centered life to a Christ-centered one). – Romans 10:9, 2 Corinthians 1:910, Ephesians 2:8-10
- A heart that obeys Jesus' Commandment of Baptism (immersion in the waters of baptism being the New Testament way of initially demonstrating an obedient heart). – Matthew 3:13-17, Mark 1:9-10, Acts 2:38, 41
We believe it is a believing, trusting and obedient heart which receives the gift of the Holy Spirit and enters into a growing relationship with God.